Wednesday, 22 August 2012

"HOW ARE YOU SO BURNT WHEN YOU'RE BARELY ON FIRE".

Listening to: Malibu- Hole.

Yesterday I painted my nails, shaved my legs and moisturised with my amazing Body Shop body butter (in satsuma) all to take photos of my latest DIY- all for my home Internet to be out of action. So here it is a day later than planned.

Lace ankle cuffs.
This was an very very simple DIY, and only took about a few short hours (much quicker if you don't watch Father Ted at the same time). All you need is some elastic, lace, studs, and a needle and thread (a number of items I have ready placed in my craft box) I choose all in black but it will work with any colour.

1) measure out a length of elastic pulled tight (so it sits well on your ankle) and cut- leave a cm or so to overlap and sew together.
2) sew into a hoop.
3) cut out a length of lace roughly twice the circumference of your ankle (so it flares out nicely)

4) stitch into the elastic loop (remember to pull the loop elastic out before stitching so you can still get the cuff over your foot- you can do this either over a bowl or anything really- I used my Topshop large purse.
5) choose your decorations- I choose studs
6) add onto the lace loop

 7) and enjoy!

I personally like the  look of them with heels- especially my Iron First beauties...

 ... and these amazing studded cut out heel pair from Tribeca shoes.
Or would look really good sticking out of the top of a pair of Litas or a pair of Mary Janes (which I don't won so can't show you).
Or even can be used to add a false lace to socks. I love them so much already! But If you're not up to stabbing yourself with a pin several hundred times, there are also versions in white here, here and here.
Jodie x

44 comments:

  1. oh my, this is the best DIY ever! They look so good with the Tribeca shoes, and with socks... with all of them, really! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much- im tempted to make more and give them away but im worried they are up to scratch

      Delete
  2. This is amazing Jodie! All the way through the post I was thinking this is a really cheap way of making loads of frilly socks (they're like £4 in Topshop!) but you beat me too it! haha I love them with the Iron Fist shoes :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Topshop lace socks but I was very worried about washing them- lace is not a fan of my mothers washing machine!
      x

      Delete
  3. this is amazing! i always love frilly socks. but its so hard to find it here. gonna try this diy soon <3


    www.gabriellaolivia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes your shuld it really was super simple
      x

      Delete
  4. That's a great DIY, darling!
    and thumbs up that you added some studs.

    P.S. Thank you! I'm now following you back
    on GFC. Looking forward to see you again on my blog.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is very nice, you can see more fashion blogs from around the world:
    http://look10.blogspot.com/2011/06/global-fashion-blogs.html
    Hope you like.
    also can put your blog on this site for free:
    http://look10.blogspot.com/2010/02/formulario-de-inscripcion.html
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is seriously awesome!! Gotta try it out. Thanks for sharing your piece of talent!

    xx
    The Young Bridget Jones

    ReplyDelete
  7. so amazing! i love this! xx

    natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look amazing with all the different shoes !

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow nice job :D! looks super cool :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's so fierce! First time I spot something like this, really cool. Love it with the lita's! And thanks for your lovely comment, I won't give up on Jude ;)

    Xo, Imke

    ReplyDelete
  11. SUCH a fucking cool idea!!!!!! Your DIYs are some of my favourite posts of yours, you're so good at them. The studded shoes are AMAZING.

    HANNAH †
    [london--rose.blogspot.com]

    ...

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea, love it when you match with the studded shoes. FIERCE !

    www.coffeecreamandthecaffeine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Replies
    1. thank you- her name ischarlotte and she brings me luck

      Delete
  14. Lovely blog, dear! Would u like to follow each other?
    xoxo
    http://keepitstylishandsexy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for your sweet comment dear! You should really go out for frozen yoghurt with toppings! I highly recommend anything with dried cranberries, kiwi-fruit or brownies!

    XO, Imke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cranberries and kiwi sound right up my street

      Delete
  16. That is a great idea! I'll try white loops :) I am your newest follower, can you follow me back?

    xLOVEx http://veronicadelarge.blogspot.sk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they would look awesome in white!

      Delete
  17. love the idea of this edgy stuff! hope you can check out my blog too! i would love to follow each other. <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow I like it!!! would you like follow each other?
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. ah wow these are amazing, I really want some ! xx

    ReplyDelete